Technically an invasive species has to kill off a pre-existing species to meet the definition of being invasive. After you hear this episode, we’ll be you’ll agree there are some things though that should be classified as invasive no matter what.
Tonight we talk with two guests. One who may never spend the night in New York City with a window open again, and another who although his Texas doctor was ultimately shot to death by a jealous husband, has a story about a visit to his practice a few years earlier that eclipses that event.
“Two-legged creatures we are supposed to love as we love ourselves. The four-legged, also, can come to seem pretty important. But six legs are too many from the human standpoint. ~ Joseph W. Krutch (Author, Critic, Naturalist)
- Parasitic Worms Found in a Woman's Eye — First Case of Its Kind
- It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's a Super Cockroach!
- The Emerald Cockroach Wasp
- The Ceti Eel of Star Trek Fame, or Khan's Best Friend
- The European Chafer
- Guinea Worm Disease (Not For the Faint of Heart)
- The Earwig
- Worm Removed from Woman's Brain after Eating a Pork Taco?
- "Florida woman wakes up with flying cockroach in her ear" CBS News article from May 4, 2018
- "Woman’s selfies capture moving lump on face: a parasite" from June 22, 2018
- "Brain-eating worm grows in Florida man’s eye" February 14, 2018
- That Thing We Seem to Never Get To
Forrest Loves the Venture Brothers, and They Seem to Love a Lot of the Same Topics We Do, So Here’s Another Juicy Tidbit from Them
The Venture Brothers | Unusual Torture | Adult Swim (Adult Language)
Fox News on The Taco Worm (Not Easy to Watch)
Jerry Browning’s father was Master Chief Petty Officer on the USS Forrestal (CV-59) for 3 years. The Forrestal was named for the first Secretary of Defense, James Forrestal. Mr. Forrestal was the gentleman who multiple witnesses claimed showed up on Saipan to either rescue Amelia Earhart and her navigator, or if determining they were dead, perpetrate a colossal cover-up. Listen to our two part special on Amelia Earhart if this intrigues you.
Jerry’s doctor, Dr. Kenneth Dooley was gunned down on July 4th, 1984 by Fort Worth District Fire Chief Joe Dinkins after he found out Dr. Dooley was having an affair with his wife Paula, whom he also shot and killed. Dinkins is set to get out of prison soon, and Dr. Dooley’s widow just passed away in February of this year.
Episode 014 – ‘What’s Eating You?’ Produced by Scott Philbrook & Forrest Burgess, Ryan McCullough Sound Design Copyright Scott Philbrook & Forrest Burgess 2015, All Rights Reserved.
Photos: Jerry Browning, copyright Astonishing Legends 2015 – All rights reserved, New York’s Super Cockroach – AP, Candiru PD, Ceti Eel Courtesy Khan Noonien Singh, Earwig and European Chafer (June Bug) – PD, Article on Dr. Dooley’s Murder (Newspaper Archives)