1) Ronnie Johnson and Snowball his Dog from the Salina Journal 2) Diagram 1 from Ted Phillips’ Report on the Incident 3) Diagram 2 from Ted Phillips’ Report 4) Erma Johnson’s Polaroid Shot taken without a flash 10 minutes after the incident. 5) The Ring 16 hours later. 6) The Ring 42 Months Later 7) The Ring and Undetermined Amount of Time Later 8) A Color Photo of Ronnie and Snowball
When it comes to the paranormal, people always say they want proof. Well, on Friday, November 2nd, 1971, evidence of what many believe to be “proof” of an Unidentified Flying Object touching down on the Johnson family farm in Delphos, Kansas appeared on the ground and would remain for a very long time. A crusty “ring” in the dirt and damage to the adjacent flora was left behind after the Johnsons described seeing a strange, brightly lit and noisy hovering craft of some kind leaving their property and disappearing into the night sky. This ring and the broken branches apparently in the path of this object would exhibit forensic properties that were not entirely explainable. The incident is still considered one of the best instances of a Close Encounter of the 2nd Kind: “A UFO event in which a physical effect is alleged.” Whatever it was that left whatever it left, we can be certain of this — Ron Johnson will always remember this 2nd of November.
“Ronald Johnson doesn’t know what it was, but it rumbled, whistled like a jet or the high whine of tires on the freeway and shot into the sky and left a glowing ring behind on the ground.”
— Page 2 of the Salina Journal, Friday, the 5th of November, 1971
We’ve found that some sites are not showing these links as clickable unless they are URLs, so until those outlets improve their show notes section, we are providing actual URLs next to the clickable description of each link to make things easier for our listeners!
- The account from NICAP – the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena http://bit.do/nicapdelphos
- Journalist Robert Trussell’s report of the incident in the Kansas City Star http://bit.do/trussell
- Excerpt from the book The Utah UFO Display: A Scientist Brings Reason and Logic to Over 400 UFO Cases http://bit.do/UtahUfoDisplay
- The Delphos case in the Flying Saucer Review – only 20 Pence! – in 1972 http://bit.do/flyingsaucerreview
- The Delphos landing: new evidence from the laboratory by British chemist Erol A. Faruk, Ph.D. http://bit.do/drfarukarticle
- The Compelling Scientific Evidence for UFOs by Dr. Erol A. Faruk http://bit.do/drfaruksbook
- Elvis sighting in Kansas! http://bit.do/elvisinkansas
- Article on the Delphos Ring from the Salina Journal newspaper, part 1 http://bit.do/delphosarticle1
- Salina Journal article, part 2 of 3 http://bit.do/delphosarticle2
- Salina Journal article, part 3 of 3 http://bit.do/delphosarticle3
- The Delphos incident on the Science Channel http://bit.do/sciencechanneldelphos
- “Delphos has a wealth of interesting stories” from the Capital-Journal http://bit.do/delphosfacts
- Article on the Delphos Ring from the ufoevidence.org website http://bit.do/ufoevidenceorg
- Overview of the Delphos incident from the ufocasebook.com website http://bit.do/ufocasebook
The Dark Myths Collective:
The Dark Myths Collective! http://darkmyths.org
Episode 037 – “The Delphos Ring” Produced by Scott Philbrook & Forrest Burgess; Edited by Sarah Vorhees, Ryan McCullough Sound Design; Research Assistance by Tess Pfeifle and the astonishing League of Astonishing Researchers, a,k.a. The Astonishing Research Corps, or “A.R.C.” for short. Copyright Scott Philbrook & Forrest Burgess 2016. All Rights Reserved.