"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans."
Approximate location of the Sutton family farmhouse on Old Madisonville Road, in the unincorporated area of Kelly, about 8 miles north of Hopkinsville, KY
In Part Two of our series on the Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter, we analyze the elements of the Sutton and Taylor families' story. Is the tale that ended up in the media what actually happened or were certain descriptions exaggerated to make the story more sensational in order to sell newspapers? Perhaps some details were misreported due to anxiety, faulty memories and the phenomenon of the "Telephone Game?" Or was it all a hoax and for what gain? What we find is that the story in its original and accurate telling is so bizarre, any further embellishment would be pointless and believe it or not, that's the story the families stuck to, which only serves to add more mystery to an already mysterious world.
- The Historical Blindness Podcast by Nathaniel Lloyd
- Sableye Pokémon – based on the Kelly-Hopkinsville "Goblins"
- The Pukwudgie
- The Wendigo
- The Leprechaun
- "Sam" from Trick 'r Treat
- Dan Piraro's "Creature from the Black Lagoon" comic panel
- WHOP Radio in Hopkinsville, KY
- The "Chinese Whispers" game, or as it's known in the US, "The Telephone Game"
- Police urge people to report crop circle damage in Wiltshire, UK
- The Hatfield–McCoy feud
- Natives not being able to see Captain Cook/Columbus/Magellan's ships
- Discussion on Snopes about natives not being able to see western sailing ships
- The Fermi Paradox
- Crop Circles: The Art of the Hoax on Smithsonian.com
- "Mr. Derp" on South Park
- Kelly Hopkinsville Geographic Information Systems PDF Map 1 by ARC Member Cody Rice
- Kelly Hopkinsville Geographic Information Systems PDF Map 2 by ARC Member Cody Rice
- Kelly Hopkinsville Geographic Information Systems PDF Map 3 by ARC Member Cody Rice
- Close Encounter at Kelly and Others of 1955 by Isabel Davis and Ted Bloecher (PDF)
- Original report from the Kentucky New Era newspaper, Monday, August 22, 1955
- Another UFO report from Garrard Co. Kentucky, October 9, 1955, from the Albuquerque Journal
- Kelly Little Green Men Days Festival, August 18–21, 2017, Kelly-Hopkinsville, KY
- All about the 2017 Total Solar Eclipse on NASA's website
- NASA's event bulletin board about the 2017 Total Solar Eclipse
- Where, when and how to see the Total Solar Eclipse on Space.com
- Could Kelly's "Little Green Men" return with the coming Total Solar Eclipse?
- The Kelly-Hopkinsville Incident article by Joe Nickell on the CSI website
- Acoustic Shadow and the American Civil War
- The UFO Close Encounter classification system
- The Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter on Wikipedia
Special Offers from our Special Sponsors:
- Harry's – a close, comfortable shave at a fair price. See for yourself by getting their TRIAL SHAVE SET FOR FREE! A $13 VALUE! - you just pay for the shipping! Go to Harrys.com/LEGENDS
- The Great Courses Plus – Learn everything about anything with over 8000 lectures on almost any subject you can think of – and now for a limited time, get your first month's subscription for FREE and get your second month for only 99¢! Check it out NOW at TheGreatCoursesPlus.com/LEGENDS
Episode 80: The Kelly-Hopkinsville Incident, Part 2. Produced by Scott Philbrook & Forrest Burgess; Audio Editing by Sarah Vorhees; Ryan McCullough Sound Design; Research Assistance by Tess Pfeifle and the astonishing League of Astonishing Researchers, a.k.a. The Astonishing Research Corps, or "A.R.C." for short. Copyright 2017 Astonishing Legends Productions, LLC. All Rights Reserved.