"Could you make my Martini 'dirtier?' Thanks!"
– Richard Hatem, Screenwriter
Approximate location of the Astonishing Legend Studio, a.k.a., "Blanket Forteana."
Interactive Google Map of reported "Chicago Mothman, Chicago Phantom, Owl Man, etc. etc. sightings.
Tonight's show is... well... we don't know what it is, frankly. What we can tell you is that friend and screenwriter Richard Hatem stopped by the Astonishing Legends studio, we ordered pizzas, made more than a few "Dirty Martinis" (at Rich's resolute insistence, which he then sent back several times to the bar until they met with his exacting and cruel satisfaction) and talked with great ardor and exuberance about everything paranormal and supernatural from the sublime to the silly, and apparently, this is the result. Oh, and we eventually talk about the recent spate of Moth-Owl-Bat-Man sightings in the Chicago, IL metropolitan area, which was the primary reason for inviting him over in the first place. For those of you who can embrace a rollicking discourse as a fresh change of pace, please enjoy. For those of you expecting more conventional and disciplined fare, please accept our apologies. ; )
Mission to Zyxx is an Improv Comedy Sci-Fi podcast about a crew of interstellar ambassadors traveling to the far reaches of space, created by veteran comedians from the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater, with special guests from Saturday Night Live, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The Chris Gethard Show, Search Party and other great comedy shows you know and love. Find, Subscribe and Listen NOW to the first season of Mission to Zyxx, available on Apple Podcasts, audioBoom, or wherever you find really, really funny podcasts.
- Winged Freak Terrorizes Chicago? – from the Chicago Patch online
- A Timeline of the Chicago Flying Humanoid Sightings So Far from the Singular Fortean
- The Chicago Mothman sightings covered on the Paranormal Junkie YouTube channel
- Good account of a sighting of the Chicago Mothman on Phantoms & Monsters
- Greg Bishop's Radio Misterioso
- Society for Psychical Research
- Extraordinary: The Stan Romanek Story
- Michael Shermer's supernatural wedding experience story
- An Honest Liar, The Amazing James Randi documentary
- Ghosts of Flight 401
- The Fourth Kind - the motion picture
- The Selective Attention Test
- Death-bed Visions: The Psychical Visions of the Dying by Sir William Barrett
- And the Call Was Coming from the Basement episode #319 from This American Life
- PDF: The Invisible College: What a Group Of Scientists Has Discovered About UFO Influence on the Human Race by JACQUES VALLEE
- Miracles, Rich Hatem's television series
- Mothman flying with a large snake in its grasp?
- Curse of the Man Who Sees UFOs
Special Offers from our Special Sponsors:
- The Great Courses Plus – Learn about anything with over 8000 lectures on almost any subject you can think of – from history and science, to forensic crime and genealogy! Now you can get unlimited access to all of their lectures for free for a whole month by going to: TheGreatCoursesPlus.com/LEGENDS
- Beachbody® On Demand is the complete solution for getting in shape that goes wherever you do! With popular workout programs already in their collection like PiYo, P90X, Insanity, and the 3 Week Yoga Retreat, Beachbody® On Demand has something to offer everyone's interests and fitness levels. Text the word "LEGENDS" to the number 303030 to get FULL ACCESS to their entire platform with your FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP!
- Casper is a meticulously engineered mattress designed to provide just the right sink and just the right bounce, all at a shockingly fair price. Try out a Casper mattress in your own home with a 100-night trial with free shipping and no-hassle returns to the U.S. and Canada - AND get $50 OFF towards the purchase of a mattress only by going to casper.com/al and using the PROMO CODE "AL" at checkout. Terms and Conditions apply.
Episode 82: The Hatem Files – Case #1. Produced by Scott Philbrook & Forrest Burgess; Audio Editing by Sarah Vorhees; Ryan McCullough Sound Design; Research Assistance by Tess Pfeifle and the astonishing League of Astonishing Researchers, a.k.a. The Astonishing Research Corps, or "A.R.C." for short. Copyright 2017 Astonishing Legends Productions, LLC. All Rights Reserved.