Image from the New York Times article, Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program, courtesy of the U.S. Department of Defense, December 16, 2017
“I’m not embarrassed or ashamed or sorry I got this thing going, I think it’s one of the good things I did in my congressional service. I’ve done something that no one has done before.”
– Former US Congressman Harry Reid, who, the day before the New York Times story broke, Tweeted, “The Truth is Out There.”
Possible location where two Navy F/A-18F Super Hornet pilots on a routine training mission, Cmdr. David Fravor and Lt. Cmdr. Jim Slaight encountered unidentifiable craft that behaved like no known objects.
The term "Disclosure" in the UFO community generally refers to the long-awaited event when the government, specifically the U.S. Government, finally tells the world that UFOs exist, along with everything they know about extraterrestrials, or so enthusiasts of the topic would hope. While we wouldn't suggest holding your breath until "Full Disclosure" happens, there has been an interesting, recent development worth noting. On December 16, 2017, the New York Times published a curious article titled, "Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program." Apart from the mild surprise that such a serious publication as the New York Times would bother running with any story that would give consideration to such a "preposterous" idea as UFOs being real, is the bigger surprise that from 2007 until 2012, $22 million dollars of U.S. taxpayer money was spent annually on something called the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program. Although funding for this program officially ceased in 2012, it was also revealed that the program still exists and continues to investigate credible reports of possible UFO encounters. Join us tonight as we sit down with friend, collaborator and fellow podcaster Rob Kristofferson, host of his own show called Our Strange Skies as we discuss the significance of a major revelation that there is a serious military effort to investigate what many believe is Science Fiction, but what some "in the know" think may be a threat against which we have no defense.
- The New York Times article, Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program
- From Vanity Fair's HIVE: “WE MAY NOT BE ALONE”: INSIDE THE TIMES’S U.F.O. REPORT
- From the NY Times: 2 Navy Airmen and an Object That ‘Accelerated Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen’
- From NPR: 'I Don't Know Where It's From': Former UFO Program Head On Navy Jet Footage
- From the NY Times: People Are Seeing U.F.O.s Everywhere, and This Book Proves It
- 2013 documentary, Mirage Men
- 60 Minutes interview with hotel and aerospace entrepreneur Robert Bigelow
- Howard Hughes' deep-sea drillship, GSF Explorer, formerly USNS Hughes Glomar Explorer
- Charles Fort
- H.G. Wells
- Ben Rich, 2nd Director of Lockheed's "Skunk Works" from 1975 to 1991
- Deconstructing the Alexander the Great UFO story from OpenMinds.tv
Check out our friend Rob Kristofferson's brand new UFO-themed podcast, Our Strange Skies. Click on the hyperlink or cut n' paste this URL into your web browser's search bar: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/our-strange-skies/id1324932558?mt=2. Not only is Rob incredibly knowledgeable about all things UFO, but he joins us for the roundtable discussion on this episode! Listen and subscribe immediately!
Special Offers from our Special Sponsors:
- eHarmony – Start the new year off right in a brand new relationship! eHarmony has already helped over a million people find their special someone by using years of science, data and psychological research to find you the perfect match that leads to a lasting, meaningful relationship. Get a FREE MONTH with eHarmony when you sign up for a 3-month subscription, just by using the Promo Code LEGENDS at checkout!
- The Great Courses Plus – Learn about anything, now with over 8500 lectures on almost any subject you can think of – from history and science to learning a new language, how to draw, or improving your business skills! And now their app lets you listen to the courses as well as watch, just like a podcast! Available for iOS and Android. Get unlimited access to all of their lectures for free for a whole month by going to TheGreatCoursesPlus.com/LEGENDS
- ZipRecruiter – Looking to hire the best employees, fast? Post your job to over one hundred of the web’s leading job boards with just one click. Then, ZipRecruiter actively looks for the most qualified candidates and invites them to apply. They even review every application to identify the top candidates, so you never miss a great match! 80% of employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site in just one day. Now you can post jobs for FREE just by going to ZipRecruiter.com/legends.
- Blue Apron – For 8 weeks, ending on February 26, 2018, Blue Apron is teaming with nutritional wellness program Whole30 to bring you delicious recipes. Their menu will feature two Whole30 approved recipes each week that are designed to help you put an end to unhealthy cravings and habits. So check out this week’s menu and get your first 3 Meals Free – a $30 Value, with FREE SHIPPING by going to BlueApron.com/ASTONISHING
Episode 94: Imminent Disclosure? Part 1. Produced by Scott Philbrook & Forrest Burgess; Audio Editing by Sarah Vorhees Wendel; Ryan McCullough Sound Design; Research Assistance by Tess Pfeifle and the astonishing League of Astonishing Researchers, a.k.a. The Astonishing Research Corps, or "A.R.C." for short. Copyright 2018 Astonishing Legends Productions, LLC. All Rights Reserved.